Sunday, September 28, 2008

Singing, Surfing, and Snake hunting.








I finally got a job at the hospital here and I'm completely stoked. I'm a Radiation Tech. Assistant where we give proton therapy treatment to cancer patients. It is the job that I wanted and Sierra and I know that we were blessed. Sierra has started school and she is already studying each night. PA school is going to be really hard, but I know she will do a great job. Just to give you a little perception on what she will be going through... Med school students have around 32-36 credits a year, which is extremely hard. PA students have around 72 credits in a year!
School hasn't kept us from having our fun. We went to Newport again and tried to get our surf on. Then last night I went snake hunting with my neighbor and some friends. These guys are a little eccentric. Carl is the mad snake hunter of the group. He was grabbing this huge pissed off rattlesnake with his bare hands and playing around with it. He wanted to keep it so that meant that I was going to ride home with it right next to me while it was moving around and hissing in the pillow case.
This video is outside our house. Our neighbor sits outside her house and belts her little heart out. It is so funny and sometimes she really gets into it.


5 comments:

holly jo said...

I hate snakes. Sara Gilmore used to have one at the condo. I would have nightmares that it was in my bed. Just the other day I had I nightmare there was a snake in my glovebox and I had to go on a roadtrip...gross. they're so freaking gross. Way to go on the new job! i knew you would get whatever job you tried for,... who wouldn't hire cute little j face? don't let sierra study too much...love you guys.

Adri said...

I wish i had a singing neighbor. All i have is a neighbor who loves cats who love us more than they love her. lots of love going on. especially my love for the both of you. and the love taking place on my brick outside (you should check it out on the blog).

dave&abby johnson family said...

Oh my that is Hilarious!

Alta said...

Holy crap that is scary! I would never get into that car, let alone sit by a RATTLE SNAKE! EEK! So we are going to be in town on Sunday night and staying in the LA area until Wed night. So we would LOVE to see the 2 of you. We will call you when we get into town. LOVE YOU GUYS!

Kimberly said...

Sierra, hey girl it's kim zolik! I am so stoked for you! I hope PA school is treating you well. I just started a blog and made it private... if you could send me your e-mail address to kzolik@aol.com I can invite you to my blog. Good luck with school and keep in touch:)